Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Didn't realize it's Wednesday already!

I've been lax in my posting the last few days.  I guess that's because things were going pretty well.  Monday was fine.  My husband and I walked 3.2 miles and I ate fine.  Yesterday was a different story.  I was making cupcakes for Mom's Night Out and the church youth.  Well, I told myself I needed to taste the icing to make sure it was still good (I froze it about a month ago) and that I'd just have one taste and be fine.  (The last time I froze it, it didn't stay good.)  Well, it was DELICIOUS and 1 taste turned into 1 CUP (that's my estimate) plus 4 cupcakes.  Oh yes, lovely, huh?  It's pretty hard not to be down on myself after all week reading Ephesians 4: 17-24 about putting off the old self and putting on the new self.  And here I go and screw up my week of hard work.  I KNOW BETTER!  I know that 1 taste is like an alcoholic saying 1 sip.  I should have been prepared. 

OK.  STOP NICOLE.  This is the end of the being angry.  Isaiah 43:18-19; Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Dear heavenly father, help me not dwell on this failure and focus on the good.  The fact that we walked 5.4 miles last night, the fact that I did well 6 of 7 days last week, the fact that I avoided many other temptations.  I am thankful for these successes and praise you for the strength to accomplish them.  You are MY heavenly father and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment