Monday, April 26, 2010

Saturday and Sunday

So this past weekend went well.  I went to the Beth Moore simulcast, but took my own lunch, which was a good thing, b/c they served Chic-fil-a.  I love that stuff, but love the idea of losing weight more.  I ate their vegeterian option, which was an iceberg lettuce salad (yuck).  Oh well- it was still 0 points!  I had a hard time when they brought out cookies and the girl next to me got 2, just as I told her, "I don't need to eat any cookies."  I just got my bible out and read/tried to ignore her while she was eating.  Saturday night, we walked 3.2 miles.  That was good b/c I was feeling really anxious b/c I wanted to eat.  No other reason, than my flesh wanted to be gratified with food and it makes me anxious and incredibly antagonistic with my husband.  Not vocally mean, but just playfully wanting to hit him and such, which I really don't like doing and it makes me more antagonistic anyway.  So he saved me and took us for a long walk.  It drizzled most of the time, but it was great to not be thinking about food and to be outside.

Sunday was equally fine.  My points were good and we walked 5.4 miles.  That was good too.  =)  And I got to redeem one of my birthday coupons for a free foot rub afterwards.  I have such an amazing husband.  =)

So the Beth Moore simulcast was fabulous.  I pray you got to attend.  But something that stuck out with me is this... change starts in your mind, goes to your feet (action), and then will land in your heart.  I love that.  I have done that with forgiveness when I haven't "felt it" and it worked.  Why did I never think that would work with other aspects of life like my food stronghold?  The whole session was based on Ephesians 4:17-24 about putting off the old and putting on the new.  I pray you read it and find it encouraging that we are called to JUST DO IT for God.  You can and I can and we will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment